Wednesday 20 January 2016

Workout Wednesday - Back to Basics!

Having gone through my favourite top 10 TRX moves over the past couple of months I thought I'd share with you two super simple weight workout you can do either at home or the gym.  As I mentioned in my last post, running is off my schedule for the next little bit and I was focusing on weight lifting and hiking and walking.  



Below are two really quick but effective workouts I did during my first two weeks of weight lifting.  These workouts target the entire body and are a good series of exercises to preform  when beginning a weight program or as part of a reset.  

If you work out at a gym, some of the moves can be modified for a universal machine.  If you're at home all you require are some dumbbells that are at a weight that is challenging to you but the moves are still completed in proper form.

I completed these two workouts on Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday alternating each workout.  But you can choose which days work best for you - just make sure you have at least one rest day in between.  Week 1 each complete each set 3 times and during week 2 increase the sets to 4.

Workout #1

Squats - 30 reps
Dumbbell wood chop - 10 per side
Walking lunge with shoulder press - 10 per side
Bent over row - 10 reps
Bicep curls - 10 reps



Workout #2

Pushups - 10 reps
Overhead tricep extension - 10 per side
Lat pull downs - 10 reps
Sumo squat - 10 reps
Squat with feet closer than hip width - 10 reps
Boss ball squat, round side up - 10 reps
Flutter kick - 15 per side

No comments:

Post a Comment