Wednesday 3 August 2011

Barriars - Real or Otherwise

This was in my way for a lot of my runs in July...



It was so absurd that someone would put a porta potty in the middle of the sidewalk and leave it there for weeks, that I had to take a picture one morning.  But the symbology of this image pretty much sums up my running and blogging for that matter for the month of July.

I ran a total of 98k in July.  When I was running my peak mileage weeks while training for the Ottawa marathon, I ran 98k in 1 week.  Wow!  I don't think that running less mileage has been a bad thing.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I needed it mentally and physically.

I have been debating what to do to keep inspired and to motivate myself.  I tossed around the idea of competing in a duathalon.  But I'm still not sure.  I think I may do an early fall half and .... oh that's right.... I'm running a marathon in Greece. The original marathon route.  That should inspire anyone.  I will be running the course with Rick and Tracey. Our goal is to run the course and enjoy it. No time expectations.

In the meantime, I think I will train to run a quick half while training for my marathon.   After a slow month of running, I finally felt like adding a bit more to my run this morning.  I'm taking that as a sign from my body that its forgiven me for my last marathon and is ready to run a bit harder.  I just need to find a race and then I'm committed.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment