Sunday 29 July 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

We're back from the cottage and have had an amazing weekend.  The weather was perfect for both swimming and sleeping.  A very rare combination at the cottage... often on days when we have beach weather all of the heat from the day stays in the cottage and sleeping is difficult. But not this weekend!

We had 4 trips to the beach - Friday and Saturday the waves were huge and perfect for playing in.  Today the water was calm which meant Dan and I could sit on the beach while the girls played in the water.

I feel so well rested... enough to make it through until my real vacay : )  It was great to walk on the beach, play endless games of Uno and Yahtzee, do some light baking and just sit and think while listening to the waves.  Here are some snapshots of the weekend!









With the last minute change in plans, I didn't have the solitude I thought I would nor did I eat as healthy or exercise as much as I should... but the last two images sum up why this weekend was worth way more than any trip into the interior of Algonquin.

No comments:

Post a Comment