Sunday 12 June 2011

Crunchy Granola

This was one of those crazy weekends where it seemed like all we did was run around.  Fortunately the running around was all for fun stuff.  My daughters had their dress rehearsal during the afternoon and evening so it was back and forth between our house and the rehearsal for 2 and a half hours.  Later on Friday night we had a planning party for an upcoming fun race with my running group. We ended up with a theme and costume ideas.

Unfortunately Rick will have to find another use for this hat.


Saturday morning I ran my first 10k since the marathon.  The first half was a little slow, but suddenly I found my legs during the seconds half and finished in 53 min.  After my run I started the girls hair and make up.  We rushed off to the recital.  It was amazing - what can I say, my girls are stars. They love dancing and performing on stage.


So after the weekend recap here is the recipe...

Crunch Granola

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey

3 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds

Melt butter, oil and honey together in a pot on a stove.  In a bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.  Stir the melted butter mixture into dry ingredients.  Spread evenly in a 17x11 inch baking dish.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.  Cool and store in an air tight container.

I usually have my granola like this...




But its good with just milk as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment