Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Reasons I Run

I have been having trouble finding motivation lately when it comes to running.  I don't have a goal race, I don't have a schedule and I feel a little lost.  I've also been feeling quiet tired and run down lately which explains the infrequent posts.  I think we all experience stress in our lives. Everyone runs out of motivation and the last thing anyone wants to do is go and read someone else's whining about feeling tired, stress or unmotivated.  Its right up there with those people who say I'm so fat.  I'm a firm believer in if you haven't got anything nice to say then shut the front door.

That being said - tonight I was smacked up side the head came to the realization as to why I have stuck with running for as long as I have.  Its because of the awesome people have run with.  (Tear - you had me at hello).  Not only did I get my aggression and frustrations I have been feeling out on the track in 30 degree temperatures without the humidex.  I also got free medical advice from Tracey, therapy from Katherine (boundaries - got it), cheerleading and enthusiasm from Gina and jokes and eye rolling from Rick and Simon.

As I biked home I felt sooooo much better.  I don't know why I when I feel blah I think taking a break will help.  Pound it out on a road, the track or wherever and preferably with a group of friends who will cheer you on and make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment