Sunday 3 July 2011

Off to Killarney

We kicked off the start of summer with a camping weekend in Killarney Provincial park with Dan's entire family minus his niece Alix who had to work.  The total number of campers was down to 16.  In all honesty leading up to this camping weekend I was feeling quite overwhelmed at the thought of packing up and driving for 5 hours to camp.  Work had been exceptionally crazy leading up to the weekend and I really wanted a quiet weekend at home.  But the kids were so excited to go and hang out with all of their cousins so we packed up and headed off.

I will say this now... I am so glad I went.  Our drive started like this

Perfect blue sky and not much traffic.  I forgot how I instantly feel better as soon as I see the Canadian Shield.

After we set up camp.  A bit of this happened

In addition to swimming and canoeing, I was able to squeeze in a 6k run which was also one of the better runs I've had in a while.

We went into the Town of Killarney for fireworks on Canada Day which was a pretty impressive show for a small town and was put on by their fire department.

On Saturday my husband, brother-in-law and father-in-law hiked a trail in Killarney called the Crack.  I have hiked this trail twice before this weekend both times with my kids so this was my first time doing this trail at grown up speed.  We were able to do this trail about two hours faster than with my kids.  The hike is pretty tough, but the view at the top is spectacular.





I really do love this park and with views like these its easy to see why.

Its 8:36 and I've unpacked and almost finished all of the laundry.  I'm ready to start my week.  I have a new yoga class on Thursday mornings I've signed up for and a class I'm teaching on Thursday night so I'm glad I had a chance to recharge my batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment