Sunday 12 February 2012

Chocolate Protein Love Bites

Well people - you are officially reading the words of a certified CanFitPro personal trainer.  I had my practical exam today and passed!  Woo who!  Gina who I took the course went with me as my client today.  She was the perfect client as she is already working as a personal trainer so I didn't have to worry one bit about her form.

I am so happy this is over.  My obsessive personality can fixate on something other than studying and creating training schedules for fictitious over weight males (that is who I seemed to also get as my case study).  I have been training with my sisters which has been a lot of fun. 

SO now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with this certification.  But that's down the road.  Tonight I'm going to take a bath and just relax.  I did have a great afternoon with my girls as well - mani's,  pedis and cookies...


This is just a tease... I'll post this recipe later this week.


With Valentine's Day just around the corner I feel like I've been inundated with chocolates and romantic dinners.  I love these things.  I did just post two pictures of cookies I baked.  But I thought it would be fun to make some healthy protein balls and shape them into hearts.  There's no reason why your post workout snack can't show you a little love too.





Chocolate Protein Love Bites

by Denise Boyd Dunlop

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Keywords: raw dessert side vegan

Ingredients (24 love bites)

  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup protein powder
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup almond butter
  • 5 medjool dates pitted and chopped roughly
  • 1/3 cup chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup hemp hearts
  • 1/3 cup small chocolate chips
  • 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup

Instructions

In a food processor, process oatmeal into a flour like consistency. Add all remaining ingredients except maple syrup. While processor is still mixing add maple syrup adding as much as needed until mixture forms a ball. Remove mixture from food processor and roll into small balls - slightly smaller than a golf ball. You can choose to leave the dough as a ball, or flatten in the palm of your hand and shape into hearts. Put hearts or balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in freezer. Once the dough has set, store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment