Sunday 5 February 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes...

My muscles are feeling much better today. I'm still a little sore, but nothing like yesterday.  Next time I will listen to that little voice in my head.  Anyway - lesson learned.

Today is absolutely beautiful outside... the sun is shining... the birds are singing... the kids in the neighbourhood are all out playing.  I ran today as well and felt so much better, my run did for my body and mind what it normally does - made me feel amazing!

When I got home I didn't feel like a soup or anything warm so I whipped up some hummus and put it in a wrap with tons of fresh crunchy vegetables.  I know this weather is just a teaser and our snow will return.  But for today I'll be like the kids and the birds and enjoy every minute of sunshine we get!

Hummus Wrap

by Denise Boyd Dunlop
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: sandwich vegan

Ingredients (serves 1)
    For the hummus
    • 1 can of chick peas drained and rinsed
    • 1/4 cup tahini
    • 2 tbsp olive oil
    • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
    • 2 cloves garlic minced
    • 2 tsp salt
    • juice of 1/2 a lemon
    • water as needed
    For the Wrap
    • 1/4 cup hummus
    • 1/2 carrot peeled and julienned
    • about a 3 inch piece of english cucumber cut into length wise strips
    • 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves
    • 1 large soft tortilla
    Instructions
    For the Hummus
    Put all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth
    For the Wrap
    Spread hummus on tortilla. Layer spinach leaves on hummus. Pile cucumbers and carrots length wise in the centre of the tortilla leaving space at the ends to roll in. Roll the wrap, tucking the ends around your carrot and cucumber strips first. Slice in half.
    Powered by Recipage

    No comments:

    Post a Comment