Monday 20 February 2012

Family Day Weekend Wrap Up & Special Pancakes

This was such an amazing weekend.  The weather was perfect.  We got snow, packing snow!  I finally was able to make the snowman with the girls that I've seen all over Pinterest....



The sun was shining making the roses I got for Valentine's Day look beautiful....



We went for a walk in the park enjoying the great weather....





So what are special pancakes? One's I don't have to make.  My husband made pancakes for the girls.  There were so excited to see these, they hugged him before they ate them. 

My husband has memorized this recipe that we saw on Jamie Oliver's Christmas special.  In Jamie's recipe he added fruit to the batter, we perfer the fruit on top.  I think my husbands version looks better than Jamie's.. but let's not mention that to the Naked Chef ; )




Dan's Spectacular Pancakes

by Denise Boyd Dunlop

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Keywords: fry breakfast vegetarian

Ingredients (6 pancakes)

  • 1 coffee mug flour
  • 1 coffee mug milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg

Instructions

Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Add egg to dry mixture, then pour milk in. Whisk mixture together. Let sit for about 2 minutes, whisk batter again. Heat pan over medium heat. Melt butter in pan. Add batter to preheated pan using large spoon. Flip pancakes once bubbles form on surface of pancakes. Cook for another 2 mintues.

Serve with butter, syrup, whipped cream or berries.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment