Typically I do this move in two ways. If I'm looking to really work my quads, I will try to jump and land in the same place. If I'm targeting cardio I will jump forward from my squat position and immediately jump back to the starting point.
How to do jump squats:
- Start with your TRX straps in a fully extended position.
- Turn to face away from your anchor point.
- Tuck the straps underneath your arms and hug the handles in toward you. Your thumbs should be touching your shoulders.
- Leaning into the straps, walk your feet toward your anchor point.
- Remain on the balls of your feet and bend your knees until you are in a deep squat position.
- Jump to a full standing position bending your knees to cushion your landing. As mentioned at the start, you can choose to land in the same spot or hop forward and then back.
- Repeat for 8-12 reps. Completing 1-3 sets.