Parts of this trail are on the Bruce Trail which is a massive trail system in Ontario. I love hiking portions of this trail and have been thinking about attempting trail running... but after today maybe a hike is good enough.
The loop we hiked today was 4.6 km and took us about an hour and a half. We had lots of stops along the way.
I love hiking and
- Always go a shorter distance than what you think they will walk - even if they have energy at the end, it's better to finish on a high note than whinny one.
- Play games and sing songs (I actually learned this one from my friend Tracey - who also taught me all the words to 'Doe a Deer')
- Pack lots of snack and water.
- Finally when they ask 'When will we be done' reply with 'Never - we are going to be hiking forever'
The start of the trail.
A super fun valley. This would be beautiful in the fall.
Counting rings... this tree was 66 years old.
Checking out a small creek.
An icy section - how often is it you can walk on something like this dressed in shorts and a t-shirt?
A fun fence ladder for the girls to climb over.
And one of our snacks.
Sweet Potato Hummus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: blender appetizer gluten-free vegan
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 sweet potato cooked (roasted, boiled or cooked in the microwave)
- 1 can of chick peas drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite chili seasoning
- (I used Sweet roasted chili spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- water to thin
Peel cooked sweet potato, chop roughly. Add all ingredients to food processor. Blend until smooth adding water in small amounts as needed. Allow to sit for 30 minutes for flavours to develop. Serve with your favourite veggies and crackers.
Powered by Recipage