Sunday 15 May 2011

Pancakes

Today's run was cold, wet and windy.  I had planned on running an out and back but bailed a few kilometres short because I was tired of running into the wind.  I added two kilometres onto my run once I got back into town.  The entire run I was dreaming about pancakes or as they are called in my house pampapes.

I've decided that pancakes covered in butter and real maple syrup is this training schedule's craving.  I can relate each long distance race I've trained for with a craving.  Some are normal cravings like bagels and cream cheese to truly bizarre - dulse and cappuccinos.  Pancakes are normal as well, not exactly healthy and could explain why I feel like I've gained weight while logging 70+ km a week.

In all fairness to myself I have tried to make these healthier by adding protein powder to the mix, but the butter and maple syrup cancel any benefits - I'm sure. 

Pancakes


Yes - I am a pig with butter.... what!!?? No weight loss - hmmmm I'm beginning to see why.
 Dry Ingredients

1/2 cup protein powder (I use progressive vegan vanilla powder)
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk together in a bowl.

Wet Ingredients

2 cups milk or diary substitute (I use Vanilla Almond milk)
2 eggs
2 tbs oil
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk wet ingredients together and add to dry mixture. Until just moistened - mixture will be lumpy.

Ladle into a hot oiled pan.  Flip when bubbles appear on the top of the pancake.

Serve with your choice of toppings.
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment