Thursday 19 January 2012

Another Cold Run & Recovery Hot Chocolate

Sooooo another cold run...  I know its winter.... get over it...  but tonight's run was -20 C with the wind chill.  I dressed for the weather...

Safety first.... with the vest.

Besides the temperature there was a build up of snow that added an extra challenging element to the run.  And running at night added an additional sensory challenge.  It made for a good workout.

So after this run... guess what... I was cold - surprise!

Usually after my harder runs I have a recovery drink.  I typically add protein powder and ice cubes... but tonight ice cubes just weren't happening.  I was in the mood for hot chocolate.

Remember this hot chocolate?



This wasn't happening - come on people its Thursday night.

I decided to make a warm proteinish drink to warm me up and recover from my run.

So I took these ingredients...

With my favourite chocolate protein powder. 



This blends so easily with milk or water.  In the summer I typically add 1 cup of almond milk with 3-4 ice cubes and 2 tbsp of this powder and it almost tastes like a milkshake.

and made this...



Hot Chocolate Protein Smoothie

1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (sifted)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon almond butter
2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Whisk ingredients together over medium heat until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment