To effectively complete this more it is important as always that the core be engaged (navel pulling toward the spine and the shoulders be set.
So to do a TRX oblique crunch:
- Set straps to mid calf length and place both feet in the foot cradles.
- Begin an a plank position. Engage your core.
- Pull both knees together toward your left elbow keeping your hips as level as possible.
- Extend legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the right side.
- To tie your breathing into this move, exhale as you pull your legs in and inhale as you extend.
- The slower you move through this exercise the more you are engaging your abdominal muscles and the less you rely on the momentum of the straps to move you through the rep.
- Complete 8-12 sets doing1-3 reps.