Most of the activities that we do throughout our days are in a hunched position resulting in tight chest muscles and over stretched, under developed upper back muscles. This exercise reverses the effects of poor posture and helps strengthen our back muscles. As usual with the TRX exercises, core engagement is key to ensuring the lower back is protected and the receive the most benefit from the exercise.
How to Complete a TRX Y-detoid raise:
- Stand facing you anchor point with straps a the mid-way level.
- With core and upper back engaged, lean back into straps remembering that the closer your feet are to the anchor point, the more challenging the exercise.
- Raise your arms overhead with a natural bend in the arms (elbows not locked) forming the letter Y with your arms.
- Slowly lower yourself back to your staring position.
- To include your breath with the movement, inhale as you raise up and exhale as you lower.
- Complete 8-12 reps doing 1-3 sets.