Thursday 29 December 2011

Day Three and Classroom Portion Complete

Today was the third and last day of the classroom portion of my course.  We didn't finish until 4:55 this afternoon.  I think the whole class was hoping for an earlier finish to avoid rush hour traffic, but there was too much material to cover.  Although it was a bit hard to not be home with the kids, I am happy I signed up for this training when I did.  Our class was a perfect size and the instructor was great.

Although the girls say they missed me, they still had fun.  Here's a shot from Disney on Ice that they went to today.



I still have to study my butt off for the theory exam and then work on the practical portion of the exam.  There is quite a bit of studying and work I have left to do.  But for the next few days I will be taking it easy and enjoying time with my family.  I also find it nice to reflect back on the year past and think about goals I would like to set for myself this year.

Right now I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with my own house sounds around me.  I've had a few days of early mornings.  Tuesday I was up at 4:30 to leave for Toronto, Wednesday I was up at 5:45 to make sure I had enough time to catch the subway in the morning and this morning, I woke up at 4am to maintenance staff working on a water problem until I left for class in the morning.  I did complain to the staff at the front desk and they paid for my parking which was almost the cost of one night at the hotel... so I felt a bit better.

During our stay in Toronto, it statrted to snow.  The drive home was a little slow due to the weather.  Gina did a great job drive and we had a little giggling fit on the way home about the way slush sounded under her tires.  We both thought the sleep deprivation was getting to us.

I arrived home to a winter wonderland. 



We will be able to go tobogganing and build a snowman tomorrow.  I am also hoping to go out for a run tomorrow as well... time for those gortex shoes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment